Smith County Government is taking applications for the position of Planning and Land Use Director.
The desired applicant will have a working knowledge of Smith County Planning and Code rules and procedures. Job requirements will be to work with landowners, developers, builders, and surveyors to lead the process of gaining required permits, zoning compliance and subdivision approvals. Work with Smith County Planning Commission and Smith County Board of Zoning Appeals to make sure meetings are conducted legally and effectively. Job will require the ability to log zoning violation complaints and inspect the site. Work the violation from start to finish.
Skills needed but not required:
- Ability to work several projects at one time
- Attention to Detail and organization skills
- Ability to speak with and interact with public
- Ability to serve customers but also be firm on pushback
- Ability to use computer and most office programs
- GIS Map certification is a plus
Interested Applicants should submit resumes to, or come by, the Smith County Mayor’s office to fill out an application. Application Deadline is Wednesday March 30, 2022 at 4 PM.
It is the policy of Smith County Government not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability.
Smith County is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer